Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Glowing skin has always been the missing piece of the puzzle for me.
No matter what product I tried, nothing seemed to give me that bright, dewy look that I was striving for. After some research, I have gathered the tried and true methods for achieving glowing skin. The secret? As you'll see, most of this list contains DIY remedies, not products. Which, in my eyes, is even better than having to spend a ton of money on a product!
1. On the skin care blog FutureDerm, you'll find the top 4 glowing tanning alternatives for beautiful skin:
- Exfoliating with a body brush
- Eating more fruits and veggies that contain carotenoids and caratenes
- Apply a saffron and milk face mask
- Incorporate yoga and exercise into your lifestyle
To see how each method works and the importance of each one, read the full article here.
2. Give your skin a glow with an at home microdermabrasion facial!
The R+F Microdermabrasion paste is an oil-free exfoliating treatment that sloughs off dead skin cells and promotes cellular turnover. It combines sugar and salt for exfoliation with the antioxidants Vitamin C and E to help combat free radicals. The result? Healthy, glowing skin!
She shares that rosehip oil "helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, dark spots, eye bags, fine lines & more. Studies have shown that it can also help to reverse the adverse effects of prolonged sun exposure." If Rosehip Oil is the secret to her beautiful skin I need this product!
Read her full skin care and makeup routine here.
4. Over at Alluring Soul you can find 8 Homemade Face Masks for Glowing Skin.
- Rose Face Mask
- Turmeric Face Mask
- Milk Face Mask
- Papaya Face Mask
- Rice Face Mask
- Mint Face Mask
- Orange Face Mask
- Marigold Face Mask
The method of applying ingredients such as Vitamin C and lemon juice topically can often be much more effective than intaking them orally (when it comes to skin care, that is).
Find the full recipes here
5. One of the best ways to brighten your skin? Incorporate antioxidants into your skin care routine!
Nicki at FutureDerm outlines her top picks for antioxidants:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Green Tea
She elaborates on the importance of antioxidants, how they work, and the specifics on each one. Read the full article here.