Thank you so much, Julia!
As part of the nomination there are questions to be answered to learn more about the newly nominated blogger. Here are my answers to Julia’s questions.
1. What is your most meaningful blogging moment?
Besides being nominated for this award, my most meaningful blogging moment was when I got one of my first "real" comments on one of my posts. I say real with quotations because for my first few months of blogging I did get comments from my mom, boyfriend, and other family members. They supported me and what I had to write. But then I got the notification that my post "Antioxidant Smoothie" received a comment from Katherine of Slightly Savvy. She wrote:
"I love this! Anything berry related is so so good for your skin. Your blog and aesthetic are so pretty - I had no idea you had a doctorate in Pharmacy until I saw your Pinterest profile. Can't wait to read more from you girl!"
I read this and legit cried. Not kidding. I was so happy that someone had found my blog and left such a kind comment! Since then, I have followed Katherine's blog & I'm literally obsessed with everything she posts about PR, working with brands, new beauty products, etc. She's the best!
2. What do you feel when push publish?
Relief, honestly! I love love love writing and blogging, but I'm such a major perfectionist that I will reread my posts over and over making sure that everything is perfect. I really should work on understanding that nothing is ever going to be perfect & stop putting so much pressure on myself, but at least I'm putting out my best quality work all the time!
3. What would you like to write about that you haven’t written yet?
EVERYTHING! Ha. But seriously, every day a handful of topics pop up in my mind that I'm like, "Oh I really want to write a post about that!" A flaw of mine is starting these posts when I get the idea, then not having enough time to finish them and letting the drafts pile up. I'm working on sticking more closely to an editorial calendar so I can write and publish everything that I want to write about.
I do want to write about my background story better than I have thus far. I think it has been a challenge for me since I'm still in the middle of a very transitional period of my life. To quickly summarize, I went to pharmacy school for 6 years, earned a doctorate degree, started a job as a retail pharmacist right after graduation, and HATED it. Like I was so miserable to the point where it was affecting my health. So I quit!
Now I am a freelance writer, blogger, photographer, entrepreneur, a girl chasing her dreams. I'm not going to lie, it's been tough so far, but I've also started to love my life again and regain my happiness :)
4. If you had a thousand dollars to give away, what would you do with it? Why?
My boyfriend's family has a Brain Tumor Foundation called Mission 4 Maureen for the family member, Maureen, they lost to glioblastoma multiforme. The foundation assists qualifying brain cancer patients with everyday expenses. Assistance may come in the form of rent or mortgage payments, help with the electric or gas bill, or even gift cards to a local supermarket to help with the cost of food and medicines. If I had a thousand dollars to give away I would give it to this foundation because I think it is such an important and meaningful cause that can help the many patients that suffer from brain cancer.
5. What are three of the best things about yourself?
1. I think that one of my best qualities is to constantly strive for improvement in all aspects in my life. I want to be a better friend, daughter, sister, girlfriend, blogger, writer, entrepreneur, etc. I still have a lot of things that I could improve on, but I'm always trying to be better!
2. I’m an honest person. Through some tough lessons, I’ve learned that honesty is one of the most important qualities that a person can have. Even though it’s hard at times, I am always honest and open with everyone, no matter what!
3. I believe in myself. Even though I’ve made a lot of mistakes in life, I’ve also learned a lot of lessons. I could get down on myself for the mistakes I’ve made, but instead I am confident that I can turn things around for and make myself a better and stronger person because of them!
My Liebster Nominees are...
1. Cameron of The Sol Fit Project
2. Stephanie of Citrus and Sun
3. Casey The College Celiac
4. Katherine of Slightly Savvy
5. Erin Ruscel of A Beautiful Life, The Journey
RULES FOR THE NOMINATED
- Write a blog post in acceptance of your award.
- Link the blog post back to the skincare pharmD
- Nominate at least 5 other startup bloggers
- Include a list of questions you’d like them to answer & notify them.
- Answer my questions below! :)
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. What are your 6 month blogging goals? How do you plan to accomplish them?
3. If you could live ANYWHERE in the world, where would you live?
4. What would be one piece of advice you'd offer to new bloggers?
5. Who is your favorite blogger and why?