Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
You know those makeup remover wipes that come in the blue packs that are like $5 at Target? Well, I swore by those wipes for years! In the last few months, however, I have noticed that they really irritate underneath my eyes! I would wipe my eye makeup off as gently as I could and yet directly underneath my eyes would become red and irritated! At first, I thought the problem was due to my purchase of the generic version of the wipes. But even when I switched back to the original wipes the problem persisted. So I wanted to switch to a more natural solution of removing my makeup.
- Natural product - Not only is it 100% natural jojoba oil, this product also contains a nutrient rich blend of natural fruit oils, kiwi, passionfruit, blood orange, musk melon, cranberry and pink grapefruit.
- The blend of natural ingredients and nutrients are also mild forms of natural AHAs, which means they may help to exfoliate the skin (FutureDerm)
- Dissolves and removes makeup effectively
- Good for acne prone skin (in small amounts!): Jojoba oil can increase the penetration of ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid into the skin. (Journal of the American Oil Chemists’ Society, 1984)
- Does not irritate the skin in any way; leaves skin soft and smooth
- Alcohol free
- Smells AH-MAZING!
- Having to use a cotton ball or cloth instead of the convenience of a wipe
- Slightly messy
I honestly cannot think of any more cons, I simply love this product! While some may consider it a little pricey, I really think it is worth it for the quality of the product.
did you know...
... in addition to removing makeup, jojoba oil can also be used for:
- moisturizing skin
- detangling hair
- preventing split ends
- treating a dry scalp
- preventing razor burn if applied before shaving